LTE Systems Engineer (JB004)
The candidate will work in the Systems Engineering team interacting closely with Engineering and Product Management teams to define and implement new E-RAN (Enterprise RAN) features to meet the challenges of a rapidly expanding deployment footprint of Multi Radio technology and cloud based application platform networks.
- Interface with Product Management to ensure that the full spirit and intent of customers’ needs are understood and translated into precise engineering requirements. Contribute to external-facing technology whitepapers and deployment guides.
- Work closely with SpiderCloud engineering teams to develop scalable future-proof system architectures.
- Perform network simulations and mentor other other system engineers working on simulation and analysis of LTE and UMTS access networks to validate requirements and design assumptions.
- Generate internal technical specifications and requirements for advanced GSM/UMTS/LTE network optimization functions covering network coverage and capacity planning, radio resource management and mobility optimizations in a cloud based SON framework.
- Follow and actively represent SpiderCloud in 3GPP and other industry standard organizations to ensure solutions are compatible with relevant standards, to make contributions which advance company positions and to assist in keeping the company abreast of the latest developments in the industry.
The ideal candidate is an individual with a detailed understanding of LTE technologies and has had systems engineering experience. The candidate should have experience with practical architectures and network elements being developed for LTE deployments. The candidate should have some experience with product development, and should ideally have gone through at least one complete product development cycle. The candidate should have the ability to work independently to gather, digest and interpret technical information from multiple sources, and communicate technical proposals to internal and external teams in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Theoretical background in wireless communications systems including communication theory and digital signal processing and knowledge of existing and evolving wireless communication systems such as LTE, UMTS and Wi-Fi.
- Knowledge of OFDMA in general and 3GPP LTE PHY/MAC specifications in particular and hands-on experience in advanced simulations including wireless channel behavior and modeling and end-to-end network simulations. Knowledge in ns-3 preferred.
- Experience with the development, deployment and systems optimization of small-cell technologies.
- Experience with defining, implementing and monitoring KPI’s and using results in optimization algorithms to enhance overall network performance as required to meet service level agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex technical specifications, especially those generated by standards bodies, and to translate these specifications into practical engineering requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to write concise technical summaries, white papers, and standard organization contributions.
Locations: San Jose and San Diego
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the req number (JB004).